Friday, June 13, 2014

blog reflection

            Last year I had Ms. Cunningham for my 7th grade English teacher, so at the beginning of the year, I already knew how to use blogger. In 7th grade it was always kind of a hassle because I had a ton of work and the blogs were only adding more stress. But this year, once the workload was shifted, I started to really enjoy expressing my opinions on the books that I’ve read. I’m the type of person that really likes to teach people my ideas and thoughts and really make them understand what I’m trying to say. This blog was a perfect way to do so.

            Writing online is different from a notebook because I find it so much easier to type then hand write. In most teenagers’ worlds, there is a smartphone and that phone can do just about anything. It’s so easy to whip out your phone and write down something then to carrying a notebook around and having to take it (and a pencil) out of your bag. Writing online can also be very liberation because you get to post your own work for the world to see. I always felt so good whenever people commented on my blog posts because it made me feel like I was being heard. However, people definitely aren’t real online. Many people who use social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and even blogger tend to only show the exiting parts of their lives. There is always exclusion, even if you don’t know your doing it.


            Even though there are ups and downs to using an online media site to express your thoughts and feelings, I still think that using blogger has really helped me to get to know my self and peers better. There are so many people that I have recently met whose writing skills are extraordinary. Some of these people are also shy and now I have been able to see a side to them that I would have otherwise not.

No comments:

Post a Comment